* From the moment I discovered Garden Gables, I knew it was the place I wanted to get married. It looked similar to all the gorgeous venues I'd browsed on Pinterest, except even better. I couldn't believe this amazing venue was in Door County -- my favorite place to vacation and close to home! We looked at other venues, but as soon as I saw Garden Gables in person there was no contest. Everything about the property is beautiful -- the restored barn and private cottage, the raised flower beds, the stone steps, the trees, the horses, and the wildflower fields surrounding the whole thing. They do an amazing job keeping the property looking spectacular and we only used a few decorations because it is so gorgeous on it's own. Kayla was incredible to work with throughout the entire process -- from letting us tour the place a few times (we booked after the first visit) to answering all our questions in a timely and professional manner. When the wedding weekend arrived, we had many people helping us set up and decorate. Kayla was always available for anything we needed but also gave us the freedom to do our thing, which we really appreciated! On the day of the wedding there was some rain in the forecast and she remained calm and didn't worry me (the bride) until absolutely necessary. Luckily, the rain held off until much later in the night when we were all safely under the tent. She did so many behind the scenes things to keep the whole event running smoothly (all with a smile on her face!) so we could enjoy our day. She is honestly amazing and we can't thank her enough for everything she did for us! Our wedding was absolutely magical and a day we will remember forever! Garden Gables is one of a kind and will always be a special place in our hearts.
- Gina Weklar, Oct. 2017
* Our June 20th wedding was perfect and Kayla and her team had much to do with that! We actually choose Garden Gables for our wedding site without even seeing it based on a few conversations with Kayla and the pictures on Facebook. I am so glad we did. Kayla was a delight to work with! She is easy going while being extremely organized and detailed and worked hard to make everything just right for our wedding day. We planned the wedding from Chicago, which was never a problem as Kayla was quick to respond to all of my questions. She was helpful and patient leading up to the wedding and welcomed us each time we came to visit. The team she picked to help out the day of were super helpful and fun as well! She and her husband worked tirelessly to get the grounds and barn ready for our wedding and it looked spectacular! We are so happy we chose Garden Gables and are extremely grateful to Kayla and her team for making our wedding day perfect.
The entire property at Garden Gables is gorgeous – a hidden gem of event space. The pictures are beautiful, but don’t do it justice. The garden area is perfect for an outdoor wedding; very romantic with lots of lights and flowers. The barn has a rustic/vintage feel with a huge wooden topped bar in it. All of our guests were from out of town and loved the grounds and barn! We heard the term ‘magical’ used to describe it more than once, and we would agree. It is truly a special place. Thank you again so much Kayla + team!
-Carly Nading, June 2015
* Attention to detail in a fairytale setting!
-Randi Fay, Aug. 2014
* Do you want to get married at the most gorgeous venue in Door County!? Call Kayla from Garden Gables immediately before people find out about this hidden gem! I couldn't keep count of how many comments people were making on how beautiful this outdoor venue was. You really get to be as creative as you would like because her property is a blank canvas of beautiful gardens for you to bring in your own vendors. We had our ceremony completed by one of our best friends in the gardens and brought in a clear top tent to party the night away! Truly our wedding was the absolute BEST and it was 100 % because of all the hard work Kayla put in to making it flawless. Kayla offers so much of herself to help make every couple feel like they are being taken care of from day one. We also hired her day of wedding planner Shannon Mead to take care of all the little things you and your family shouldn't need to worry about and they just killed it for us! We truly appreciated all of the attention to detail that made everything on our wedding weekend so easy for us to enjoy as the bride and groom! All together the word on the street from our guests was "best wedding EVER!" so don't hesitate to get in on this venue before its too late!
-Emily Gosz, Sept. 2017
* My husband and I can't thank Kayla and the rest of the Garden Gables crew (Shannon Mead Events) enough for all their amazing work making our wedding one of a kind!
I was a bit worried with the idea of Garden Gables being a DIY venue, not because I don't love a good DIY project... because I do. I was worried because I didn't want to have to worry about the little details during my wedding day. However, Kayla instantly put my worries to rest! No matter how small the question, Kayla answered without hesitation and a smile on her face.
Not only was Kayla amazing, but the venue alone is top notch! Everywhere you look you can see beautiful flowers and attention to detail. Anyone who steps foot onto Garden Gables property can tell that Kayla has put a lot of time and energy into making her venue a place to remember.
I would highly recommend Garden Gables for your next event in Door County. You won't be disappointed!
-Kelley Greene, Aug. 2017
* A stunningly gorgeous venue with owners who "care" and are present to help the day run smoothly. From a minister/officiant's point of view - it was one of the very best venues. Loved being there!
-Christine Weidner, Oct. 2017
* "I wanted to get in touch and let you know how much Eric and I enjoyed meeting you and seeing your beautiful venue! Your philosophy and hard work are evident in the beauty of your place. Further, you were by far the most enthusiastic individual we met during our venue tours in Door County; we would love to work with you."
-Chelsea C. , Aug. 2017
* If you are looking for a magical Door County wedding venue, this is the place. The barn, gardens, and grounds will simply take your breath away. It is the perfect location if you are looking for a space for both your ceremony and reception. Garden Gables takes "rustic chic" to a whole new level with immaculate gardens and gorgeous barn.
-Martha Hutchinson, Oct. 2014
* Beautiful setting. Especially fabulous for large parties because it's so spacious. Gorgeous gardens!!!
-Kerri Rentmeester, Oct. 2014
* Chris and I got married at Garden Gables in August of 2016. We are left wishing we could relive our wedding day again and again. Everything about Garden Gables is amazing.
First, there's Kayla. She is there for you every step of the way. With ample energy, she is sharp and bright and can understand your vision easily, help you through the steps to make it possible, and then bring it to life. Kayla was very helpful, extending herself anyway she could--from offering props or lighting that she already owns to adding alternative suggestions that might work better. My husband owns his own company in Chicago and he mentioned how Kayla is exactly the kind of person he would like to hire--she's totally on it and on your side.
The day of the wedding, Kayla kicked butt. She was the one who made everything move along smoothly. She cleared plates, glasses, kept the bathrooms clean, took away garbage, poured the champagne, lighted the candles, helped time out the entire ceremony, etc. We couldn't have done it without her.
Then there is the property. It is stunning. The gardens were absolutely perfect in August--colorful, full and fragrant. The rugged background of the barn, cottage and field made for beautiful photography. It was a serene and lovely. The whole day was incredible. The Door County clouds in the summer sky as the sun started to set in that evironment was unmatchable and unforgettable.
We received countless compliments about our wedding. It seemed to be not just a special day for us, but a very special day for so many of our friends and family. In particular, our most discerning, hardly-ever-impressed guest who flew in from Brooklyn told us it was "the best wedding ever." Enough said.
-Alicia Daubner, Aug. 2016
* Went to the most magical wedding here! An amazing, romantic property!
-Kate Rispens, Oct. 2014
* This place is a hidden gem, not just the venue but the owner, Kayla as well.
After working tirelessly to find a wedding venue in Door County, we were feeling discouraged. We were coming from Chicago, our wedding planner based out of Milwaukee, reached out to Kayla. My now husband and I headed up to Sister Bay in November fingers crossed that we would love this place, and that she would love us. I remember pulling up to the front of the venue, tears in my eyes, looking over to my husband and saying this is it. I just know this is it!
Kayla met us out front and gave us a tour of the place. She was just so sweet. It was freezing outside, but she walked us all over the property and we even got to meet her horses! It was then she said we could have our date. I couldn’t stop smiling! We left the property and I couldn’t help but give her the biggest hug as we walked away. After talking with her for that short time, I felt like she was someone we knew we’d be in contact with long after the wedding.
Kayla and our wedding planner worked hand in hand planning the entire wedding. She was quick to respond and with every response you could sense her sweet personality. Because we were not locals, we had not had the opportunity to see the place in the Spring. To Kayla this was not a problem. She said we could come by anytime we were in town. We did just that and she took time out of her day to walk us around. Leading up to the weekend wedding and even day before, Kayla and her crew worked to get the grounds in perfect shape. From adding additional flowers, cutting the grass once more, to double checking everything was the way we wanted and she wanted, and it was perfect. The day of, Kayla added special touches with adding a space heater in our tent, (her husband stopped by for propane on his way home), tiki torches along the walk way and out to the parking lot, and so much more. Every special touch added a bonus to the beautiful property.
My husband and I have always talked about Door County being magical, but never had our spot. The Garden Gables has now become it. This property is breathtaking, from the gorgeous flowers, to the fairy lights throughout, to the rustic barn that just gives you that at home feeling.
If you are able to marry at Garden Gables, we consider you to be the lucky ones. This wedding venue will leave your heart full and will give you that fairytale dream. Kayla has a heart of gold and will work to do everything and anything to make sure your dreams come true!
-Sarah Davis, June 2017
* Hands down the best venue I could've imagined for our wedding. Kayla is so very sweet, accommodating, and attentive; she worked so hard to help make sure everything went exactly how we wanted it to. We are so thankful to her for allowing us to use her gorgeous property for our big day! No question, this is THE place to have your event!
-Cassie Schuh, July 2017
* This is a wonderful spot for any event! Beautiful location and property and Kayla is great to work with from a caterers side of the event! Kim Jensen, Pink Bakery Cakes and Catering, Egg Harbor, WI
* Beautiful setting! The owners are great people to work with! Kayla has such a big heart and will work hard to make sure your wishes and needs are met to the best of her ability. Perfect for your upcoming event!
-Shannon Mead, March 2015
Photo Credits: The McCartneys, Artemis Photography, Dan Eggert Photography, Avenson Photography, Stephanie Bassos Photography, Gabrielle Daylor Photography, SV Heart Photography, Jason Mann Photography, Chris Miller Photography, Carly McCray Photography, KB Images, LMarie Photography, M Three Studio Photography, Heidi Hodges Photography, and RMT Photography, Danae Herrmann, and Melissa Alderton Photography
(920) 246 5195
firstname.lastname@example.org 10881 County Road ZZ Sister Bay, Wi